Friday, May 04, 2018

I still can’t believe I am now married #AdeLexJourney - Part 1

Wow. Where do I even begin? I just came back from my honeymoon in Maldives with my husband and I can’t wait to share what I learned and experience there with you. What I can say is Maldives as a place is really heaven on earth. The clear sea water and those postcard looking turquoise colored sea, they are real. None edited kind of real. However, Maldives as a country has so much more to be improved. Wait till I am done compiling and I promise to do a proper blogpost on Maldives okay? 


The reason I am here is to update you guys that I am officially a Mrs! Well most of you might have already noticed it on my Instagram or Facebook but yea.. I still can’t believe it’s been almost a month since our wedding. All that crazy wedding prep, never-ending discussion turned arguments with Lex is all done for now. (for now cos next up is house hunting process fml - happy kinda fml lol)

I am going to try to pen down everything that has happened during our wedding day in hopes that one day when I read back this post I will recollect these memories. :')


We had a total of 5 events altogether inclusive of TWO Wedding Reception, Holy Matrimony, First Look, Tea Ceremony (Zam Cha) and of course our ROM which took place a few days before at our church, Collective.

ROM (Registration of Marriage) 
We are so happy to have Pastor Keith officiating our ROM for us. Although we didn't get to do it on the actual day, doing it a few days before was also not a bad idea as you get to buy more time on the actual day - cos your ceremony will be shorter ma hehe.

ROM was simple but sweet.
Our parents gathered together in church by 1030AM, we both walked up to Pastor's office.
Did the whole "sumpah" and signing thing, all within 7 mins. (hahaha)

That's it lah, we are officially Husband and Wife.









Thank you for those who came early in the morning to witness this moment with us. Also thankful for my #annoyingbff for preparing this white dress for me just because she knows this last minute bride is gan-jiong already. To be able to wear this gift from Tzia is so meaningful to me as it is as though I am bringing part of her blessings while I signed on the dotted line.





THE ACTUAL BIG DAY
On 18th March 2018, I woke up at 5AM and oh, before I forget, I actually checked in to Westin KL a day before just to pack, chill and have some tea with my girls. Sally, Jolene and Livian were there with me the whole day and we had some great bonding time sipping coffee/tea over looking the Bukit Bintang road.


Fyi, Westin is located right opposite Pavilion which was really convenient. I remember Sally and Livian hopped over to get some gum medicine for me cos I was having such a bad gum pain but that medicine somehow “activated” my gastric. Lol sorry out topic a little.


I checked into the Chairman Suite in Westin a night before and let me show you how big this place is! They had two floors, one bedroom, a huge Jacuzzi tub, a dining area and a super huge living hall! I particularly requested for this room instead of the bridal suite because I knew how spacious it was and it was perfect for our “First Look” moment.


Back to waking up at 5AM on THE day. I still remember the night before I slept at 2AM. The bride’s excitement and nervousness were real. I couldn’t sleep at all and was texting Lex and the groupchats while everyone forces us to go to bed. I only slept for 3 hours and it was THE day.


Hiring a good Make Up Artist is the most important thing for a bride. I picked Rachel my best sister because I trust her work of course but most importantly, it was such a memorable experience for I will forever remember it was my best sis that did my wedding day make up. :’)



The bridesmaids were there shortly after I was awake and we didn’t have the Gate Crash/Game Session because of a few reasons. It is not that I don’t believe in the Chinese traditions but Lex and I thought we want to focus on creating more meaningful moments for us instead of just having fun. And since we were doing 4 events in a day, time was really not on our side. I will come to that rushing part later haha.


FIRST LOOK 
We wanted the first moment of each other – when both are fresh, looking best, filled with anticipation – to be owned by us and us only. We all know how tiring weddings can get, and till today, Lex and I both agreed that First Look was indeed our best wedding memory for the two of us. It was special.

The groom arrived around 830AM if I am not mistaken. I will never forget that moment. Typing this now makes me feeling all warm and jiggly inside. The groom were brought to the corner facing the window so he will not be able to see me yet; while the bride myself will walk down from our room while the first song plays.










I remember my heart was pumping so fast. My palms were sweating. Like why? This man is someone I am so familiar with yet I was feeling oh-so-shy and all the emotions were boiling up as I took each step closer to him.

He started saying his vows.
I said mine after.
I tap his shoulder.
He turned over.
That first look, that first hug.
We both teared and it is something I will never forget for the rest of my life.


Chinese Tradition – Tea Ceremony (Zam Cha) 

I wish my late popo was here to witness this very special moment of ours but I believe she is watching me, watching us from Heaven :’)

Due to time constrained, we did our Tea Ceromony right after our First Look at the same place. But all thanks to the efficient team from Westin, the set up was all done within 30 mins – putting up theater seats for the guest and preparing light bites for our family and relatives. While planning your wedding, it is VERY important to have an efficient team. Thank God we didn’t pay Westin for nothing hahaha. They did a great job tbh.




During the Tea Ceremony process, there was one point where we were a little confuse by who should go on and drink first - there was indeed some minor hiccups but all good for sure. Most importantly is Everyone’s happy.









Indeed, anything and everything that can go wrong will potentially go wrong on the big day. As bride and groom, just sit back, relax and take in all that was happening at that very moment. It’s YOUR day after all. Enjoy it!



Holy Matrimony

My dream part of the wedding. The part where I was looking forward the most.

You see, I was a born Christian since young and along the way, I got lost and backslidden during my youth days. It was few years back that I found my way back to Christ, rededicated my life to Jesus and never looked back. My life was transformed inside out. So my faith plays a big part in my life. And being able to meet Lex, my husband is also a miracle I hold dearly in my heart.

While Lex is a faithful believer since the beginning of his youth up to today. He has spent half his life in this church and not forgetting both Lex and I met here. This very place we call home. We both agreed that without this church, we wouldn’t have met each other for sure as we both lead a very different lifestyle, have very different groups of friends etc.

Hence, being able to get married in our church is such a great blessing to both of us as church ceremony is a declaration of our faith to God, and our love towards each other.












It was meaningful to me as I had my bridesmaid walking down the aisle and waiting for me infront.
It was meaningful to me as I have my dad walking beside me passing my hand to Lex.
It was meaningful to me because we had our Pastor officiating our wedding ceremony.
It was meaningful because we read our vows infront of God.
It was meaningful because we exchanged our rings for the first time.
It was meaningful because we started the ceremony by singing our worships to God together.
It was meaningful because we get to share a glimpse of our faith with our friends and family.
It was meaningful, beautiful, memorable.






























By then, it was around 5PM and our dinner reception is starting at 7PM. Guess what? We rush lor.
Hehe I will leave that to another blogpost okay?
-
It's May already and I still remember what went down on 18th March.
Time really flies :') Met Lex during our church Mission trip in year 2016. Got together in Oct 2016. He proposed in 2017. Got married 2018.

The road ahead is going to be an adventurous ride, but I know wedding is just a very small process in life. So to the bride-to-be's, don't worry too much. It will all happen in a glimpse of an eye! Hahaha.

Stay tuned to my Wedding Part 2 okay? :)
Thank you for reading and thank YOU for always being a part of my journey.

This blog has seen me through my rebellious stage, 
This blog has seen me with a few different ex boyfriends, 
This blog has seen me grow. 

Thank you for always reading and cheering with me. 
love you guys
xx 














1 comment:

Lex said...

Thanks for being patience with me. Together through up and down we will build our family <3

Love you so so much !!!!!!

XX